Monday, June 18, 2012

A Wing and a Prayer

I tried to reach out
Hoping for a wing a a prayer.
One is needed today
But you are not here and I am not there.

Yet.

Soon come.

I don't need this for me;
I am always fine,
I'm fine!

I need this for a young man
Not one of yours but one of mine.
I fear for him today
Although he has been blessed
I fear that he will be changed
He, of course
Pretends to careless.

It is his nature.

He's an adult, I've dealt with that lately
Living out his dream, no longer my baby.
He'd come to you if only he knew you were there.
And you wouldn't turn him away
You'd show him love and you'd show him care.

It is your nature.

He needs a prayer today,
Some words lifted up in kind.
He needs a prayer and soon come,
I sent up all of mine.

He was born with the wings
I've given all I have
He didn't ask for the curse
Even still, it sits in his lap.

What will be will be.
It is written and has come to pass.
Please pray for ease
And
Strength to last.

It's selfish of me to take up
Any more
Of your time.

I don't ask for me,
But there is no Pride
When I ask for mine.

I'm good.
I'm ok, I always am...
Really, just a prayer.
I'm fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...