Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lola is seriously on her last legs...

All you can do is smile.
So, the truck was doing some serious chugalugging noises on Monday and after a weekend of a migraine I'm like, "Hello...Lola...is everything ok...?"  Well of course, because she is a car and not the actual person that I act like she is, I just parked and came on into the house.  If I ignore it, maybe it will just go away...

Not.

So, I decide it's time to face the music and figure out what might be going on. Time to get gas and go on to the mechanics. Fine. 

Thinking.  Thinking.  What could be wrong this time? How much is it going to cost? Is the mechanic sabotaging Lola, purposely?  Was that Criminal Procedure Exam referring to the Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures or the Fifth AMendment right to not incriminate oneself?

...

Pump. Pump. Pump. Blank. Pump. Pump. Pump. Blank. Tap. Tap. Is this thing on! Hello, machine...?  Please work. Helllllo?  Pump. Pump. Pump. Blank. Again? Remove Nozzle.  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the...? 


Well growing up as resourceful as I did, upon viewing the above disconnected gas tank, gas line, rusted pipe, pole thing-y (you get my point)...I did not freak out. How could I, I was at the gas station and needed to get back home. So I did what any resourceful woman in my position would do.  I stomped my foot on the ground, cursed myself for trying to go to Law School instead of working in someone's office. Yet. Again.

And then I took a deep breath and fed the tube back into the rusted worn away cylinder from whence it detached, pumped gas into the car and drove the mile home.


I need a car.  The Smart Car for $120 a month is affordable. Decisions. Decisions.

Go back to work?

Go back to school?


For all intents and purposes, fortunate or un-, this is my Life ;-)~.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...