Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love - Book Club

So, it’s raining – again (*Donna) and I am fairly certain that Noah is somewhere building an ark. I am, today, ready to go. Seriously. It’s just been one of those days. At any rate, let us begin the process of change, transformation, renewal…one page at a time.

I give you Eat, Pray, Love:

So we’ve read the first six (6) sections…what reflections of your self have you noticed, if any?

Has the bathroom scene ever happened for you?

What did you think about her feelings regarding her impending divorce and her guilt?

Are you a “desperately” loving person?

Does this help or hinder a relationship in your mind.

Has reading the first 6 sections done anything for you thus far?

If so, share…

I have always wanted to travel (Egypt, Greece, Italy, Paris…) did reading her love of pasta and pizza give you the travel bug?

If these questions do not cover your own comments feel free to post them! The more the merrier ;-)

Please comment below.

4 comments:

  1. A desperately loving person seems to self-destroy and in turn ruin their relationships. You meet a wondeful someone and then you turn him into what you think you want and need and then, you are frustrated with him. How does this process even happen? lol...it seems as if Ms. Gilbert really sat and thought about just that very thing and found for herself at least the beginning of an answer...what say you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathroom scene has definitely happened for me. Do I want to go to Law School? Am I satisfied with my finances? These are some of the things I ponder while lying face down on the bathroom tile. Every single tear filled with a million questions and I have always ended up with the same answer: get off the floor. No, "GO TO LAW SCHOOL" no "STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE"...had no idea THAT was divine intervention, I just thought is was Rena, way in the back of my head telling me, in her own way, "NOW...you have to mop the floor."

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, has the bathroom scene ever happened to me .... YES oh YES it has. More than once. I can't say I have began to pray to God but the tears flowing, head pounding, YES!
    I can honestly say I was a "desperately" loving person, only because I think I was scared of not being loved back but thank gawd I came to the realization that I love me, my friends love me, my daughter loves me, my family loves me and that is all that really matters. It most definitely hinders a relationship, no person wants to feel consumed or forced and to hold on to a person so tight because you are afraid of letting loose just a little, will make any person want to go the other way. Feeling caged is for the birds .... :)
    And yes...that damn travel bug is so in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually need mutliple personalities like you sis because I haven't read this book and don't know when I can work it into my never ending schedule. I need another person in me so she can read it and I can have some fun with this blogging thing!

    ReplyDelete

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...