Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Because Love

What would you tell your younger self...?
I've been Power to the People since inception.
(*Insert smirking Emoji, RBG flag, and fist in the air.)
That's baby Me somewhere around four-ish.

How.

Cute.

Is.

This.

Little One?!

When I think about my Life; I'm thankful. Super thankful, in fact, that I am a woman filled with love & light, empathy & understanding, humanity & compassion. And, contrary to popular belief, none of the above descriptions mirror a weakness. It actually reflects the deepest strength. And it took me a few adult years to accept that Love is my power. Love is my strength.

#iLove.

That's just what I do.

Regardless of what YOU do.

#LoveIsAlwaysTheAnswer

Love is the light in my darkest days; the Life in my most iniquitous nights.

...and there have been too many to share and, truthfully, I no longer keep count and I haven't in millennia.

...and I've been here just that long.

...and I've loved You just that long. In this Life and in the next.

The problem that others seem to have in recognizing this light is that 1). They just don't have this light and so they can't see it or understand it; and 2). I am not like the others, independence set aside, yet and still -- I do not need. Like. Ever.

I want. I care. I love.

...but I do not need.

It's as simple as that.

It is unfortunate, in some circles, that men and women view these terms in disproportionate ways, need and want. It seems as if men need to feel needed while women want to feel wanted and somehow or another over the years, never the twain shall meet?

Really?

Not. Really. 

I so have the answer: 

LOVE. 

It is the end-all, be-all, cure-all method.

Unselfishly. This is so not about you (singular). It's about the two of you (plural). Two people. Not one. You. Collectively.

I mean, can it be explained it any clearer?

You would think it was like, Rocket Science. This is so not that complicated.

Align those chakras and get at me*.

Some people only see the love they choose to recognize. They see how they love or want to be loved. The unfortunate never seem to grasp the understanding of how someone else wants to be loved, and there inlies the problem.

You must learn to Love.

Unconditionally.

The how's and why's can be reconfigured.

And I said all of this just to literally explain that nothing but Love will show you the way or ease the pain & to express that I know this because I practice it everyday.

And, if you missed that memo, I put the onus squarely on your shoulders. I live in love everyday. It wasn't always love for Ayesha, that I've had to work on, but I've always loved my people and the humanity that we display.

So. I'm working on my older self by reminding my younger self of some important things.

-- If I could tell Ayesha ReneƩ anything, before she was Baby Doll or Stormy Weather, before the babies and the boyfriend, before Life and ultimately law school, before the wind shifted beneath her wings, taking her on journeys untold, I would tell her:

1. Absorb the love that surrounds you.
2. You are enough.
3. Don't ever be ashamed of how you love, who you love, or who is not worthy of your brain peace.
4. Always dance.
5. You absolutely deserve that happiness.
6. Go to Harvard.
7. Don't ever let That One Go.

It was all in HIS plan and it was all worth it...because, truth be told: Look at God ;), look how beautiful it all turned out...

#ItsJustASayingPleaseDoNotGetAtMe*
#LikeNotUnderAnyCircumstances




















No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...