Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Scorpion and the Frog



Heartless

I. Am. Missing. My. Heart.
Literally
Figuratively
My beautiful, open, caring, forgiving
     Heart
Missing
It was there, safe and secure
Behind graffitied glass
Blemished
But 
Crystal. Still.
Inches thick, seven 
And nicked innocuously
Sheltered
And
Then
I believed
     Again
And now it's missing
Whereabouts known
And that's fine...because with no heart
There can be no pain
And anyway, I'm too busy to figure out how I let you in
     Again
This time...

"Heartless..." It echoes through the walls
Now empty
Where once lived a joyous soul 
Reverberations destroying what Life 
Blossomed 
My. Heart.
All chambers, no restraint
Placed
     So giftedly in your numbed palm
And to think: I knew who you were
And
Still
Knowledge-filled and willing
I gave you the key
I. Gave. You. The. Key.

And you stole my heart.

Silly-Silly Girl.
Silly-Silly me.

And the most interesting thought of all is that, one day: I will gladly do it again.

This time, the other heart will be so thoroughly star-fished, it will grow inside the glass focused.

Waiting.
Praying.
For me.

And I will love then, deeply.
Osmosis.

~For all intents and purposes, fortunate and -un...I am She. -- Aisis



     

1 comment:

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...