Sunday, April 20, 2014

Distant Lover -- Marvin Gaye


(In that space between minutes 3:30-4:00 it's as if I've lost myself somewhere in the ether, don't look for me, you won't find me.  This is my own private place. I like this space, but I'm only here, temporarily. Nothing lasts forever.  #LibraSeason is always in season.)


Distant lover, lover
So many miles away
Heaven knows that I long for you


Every night, every night
And sometimes I yearn
Through the day


Distant lover
You should think about me
And say a prayer for me


Please, please baby
Think about me sometimes
Think about me here
Here in misery, misery


As I reminisce, oh baby
Through our joyful summer together
The promises we made
All the daily letters


Then, all of a sudden
Everything seemed to explode
Now, I gaze out my window
Sugar, down a lonesome road


Distant lover
Sugar, how can you treat my heart
So mean and cruel?
Sugar, sugar


That every moment when I spent with you
I treasure it like it was
A precious jewel, oh baby
Lord have mercy


Oh baby, don't go
Please, come back baby
Somethin' I wanna say
When you left you took all of me with you


My Lord I wonder
Do you wanna hear me scream, plead
And please, please, oh please baby
Come back and hold me, girl
Baby please, please





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...