Saturday, December 12, 2009

No More Porcelain Dolls

I am a fragile porcelain doll sitting on the top shelf.
I bruise easily. I have the marks to show.
I sit on this top shelf waiting for him to return.
I miss that little boy who put me up here.
If I spoke who would hear?
I am not suffered a touch, I am not shown love.
I miss that little boy who put me up here.
I have seen other dolls
None of them porcelain.
I have always been above them
Never equal, never below.
I can see the love for the rag doll below me
I hear her cries but I do not feel her pain.
Her pain is not my pain, for me there was no choice.
I miss that little boy who put me up here.
He placed me up here and then he left.
I see a strange man with no soul.
What has he done with the little boy who put me up here?
I see him with those dolls;
I see him but he does not see me
The man with no soul hurts so much and yet continues…To hurt so many.
I see the man with no soul
He is coming for me
I am waiting for the little boy who put me up here!
Stop.
I speak for the very first time.
And then I bruise easily because he wants to hold, tightly, onto me.
I feel the tears well up in my eyes
The tears have spilled onto my hard creased face
I feel the wetness on my cheeks I taste the saltiness on my lips.
I close my eyes so as not to see what he has done to me.
But only to think of what he’s done to the others.
I feel the crack spider my entire body.
I open my eyes only to see the broken lines on my brown porcelain.
And now I can clearly see where my heart used to be.
I want the tears to drip searing his skin,
but the cracks in my face have swallowed all of them.
In my disarray, I look to my left and I look beneath me.
He is beneath me but he is above the rag doll
I see his eyes for the very first time.
I see the little boy who put me up here.
I waited: I left for no other soul.
Isn’t that the little boy who put me up here?

I see his eyes inside the man with no soul
Are you the little boy that put me up here?
He tearfully replied: You and you alone see him.
His eyes turned down unable to face mine
It is time that I climb off of this shelf.
I must move cautiously while moving away
I am already bruised and battered
My brown porcelain cannot stand another blow
The man with no soul does not notice
But the rag doll does.
I mustn’t run, I must walk strong, it must be steady
So as not to miss the way he is letting me go,
Right underneath her nose.
I waited for the little boy that put me up there
And I cautiously descended that shelf.
He is still beneath me and she is still beneath him.
They are both where they belong.
My journey has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...