Monday, July 28, 2008

An Online Book Club!

What an absolutely marvelous idea...an online book club!  I know that lots of us are very busy people with families and responsibilities and (what's that thing called again?  Ahh yes...gainful employment) beside those minor points what else would we really do with ourselves.

Think.

Think.

Why, we would read books and ponder on the infinite questions and answers of the world, Silly goose (or geese-because I am certain that more than one of you is reading at a time-and not gice.  Not that I ever thought it was gice but it makes me wonder, and likely others wonder, why is it mouse to mice and not goose to gice...Also, and I am quite certain of this, but it has just popped into my fingers to inform you, as it is clearly my calling to inform you, the masses, that the plural of moose is moose and fish is...fish).  Am I crazy (well yes, but that's beside the point, and in a different manner altogether!) or have we ALL wondered such things?

Maybe it's just me ;-) ~ The reading and the questioning of things grammatic.

At any rate I shall make this short and sweet, not unlike the writer of this blog (snicker).

Friday, August 08, 2008 will begin our online book club.  Please feel free to join and pass along the open invitation to those that you choose.  Some of the novels chosen may be content of an adult nature (I have read Zane/Urban Lit ad nauseam and the "It's all someone else's fault, problem, child's father (insert gripe here), etc.,"   and they will not show up here.  We are all pretty well set with sexually explicit language everyday in the music chosen, the lives we lead -on and off public transportation but thats a whole other BLOG-and the nightly news programs...).  The books chosen (and please feel free to post a choice!) will be closer to self-discovery, dealing with womanhood, sisterhood, life, love  and making not just ends meet, but overlap 10-fold!  I've chosen these general fields  to open the arena and encourage young people (specifically for my daughters generation - Hi Jazz! -) to read along with us.  It's a nice conversation piece when a son or daughter comes up to you, book in hand, and says..."What did you think of this?"

It gives me joy normally found only in a bottle...(that was a special share so just keep it moving!)

There are three novels to choose from and they are as follows: 

Never Look Back (Ayesha Moore)
The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (Junot Diaz)
The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield)

You may join the conversation for one book or for all three!  I tend to read a bit more these years, it keeps me grounded. You can either email me at ayesha@ayeshamoore.com or at the email above.  The discussion will take place in the soon to be posted forum specifically for the book club, two weeks out (August 22, 2008).

This is, for all intents and purposes, fortunate or un...my Life.
Aisis

1 comment:

  1. Ayesha- Pls. let me know where I can purchase your book?

    Thanks,
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete

A Wolf in Wolves Clothing

iAm We are      but humans for the world to see There’s millions of others But this world, in this moment Is between only you and little ole...